Friday, April 3, 2015
The Eagle Has Landed
I would like the pleasure of introducing you to my mother, Earlease. A longtime supporter of Project Brownstone; she can be found at all of our events offering her support. She works tirelessly behind the scenes sharing her experience and insights into such areas of children and education.
Her experience of raising five children of her own as well as being a longtime teacher makes her a wealth of information to us. For as long as I can remember, she's always been involved with some aspect of guiding children. Whether as a girl scout leader, a den mother, a teacher or the chair of some committee in our parish, I've always had a clear example of what to do and how to go about it. More so, we were taught the importance of sharing our gifts with the community.
While I wasn't always the best student, I was well aware of the importance an education had for me. My parents invested in giving us all a quality education. So even if I didn't fully apply myself, the environment was conducive to exposing me to all of the options available. I learned at an early age that education is a tool that can be applied, at will, to any given situation at any given time of your life. The clock never runs out on learning; it's just like when you pull a screwdriver out of the toolbox to fix something, you can pull education out of your toolbox to fix your life.
Project Brownstone will succeed because of the blueprint put down by people like Earlease. By setting examples and doing the heavy lifting in organizing around the areas of children and education, she plays a big role in forging the basis for why we exist. Combine that with unwavering love and support...I can't lose!
While I'm somewhat biased, I know there are so many children that need a mother like Earlease. I'm blessed to have her!! Project Brownstone wants to extend its gratitude...thank you, Earlease!!
Labels:
#donate,
#ProjectBrownstone
Location:
New York, NY, USA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment