Monday, December 15, 2014

Birds Of A Feather.....


Introducing Kat.......

Kat has been an integral part of Project Brownstone from its inception. She's helped with fundraising, and also with our Silent Auction at the Annual Event in May 2014. She was able to bring very interestingly valuable items for auction. However, the contacts that she brought to the organization are priceless.

Her attention to detail and her skills for organizing provided us with an incredible Silent Auction that eclipsed anything I expected. We had people, literally, arguing over items. If that's any inclination to the pedigree she brought to the table, now you know!

Kat and I met in college many years ago. There are those people who you automatically click with and she is definitely one of them. She's been a cheerleader by encouraging me when I embarked on a career in fashion. She sort of 'taught me the ropes.'

Kat told me what to expect when I decided to go work in Europe. She saved me a lot of wasted time by schooling me on what I needed to know going into a competitive industry like modeling. Actually, prior to going she grilled me hard to make sure it was something that I really wanted to do. Now, that's a good friend!

Both of us left school in order to pursue our dreams. Kat went back to expand on hers. She went on to graduate from undergrad with honors, and then on to getting a masters in psychology. As usual in Kat fashion, she encouraged me to go back and finish what I started.

I'm grateful....without that, there would be no Project Brownstone!


No comments:

Post a Comment